Amazon now has the new lines of Kindles and Kindle Fire tablets up for pre-order. I am still sorting through the info, but here are the links to learn more about the new models:
- The new basic Kindle with touch screen. The price has also increased by $10 over the previous model.
- The brand new Kindle Voyage, with improved screen resolution (300 ppi), an intelligent frontlight with brightness sensor and a physical page turn method called “PagePress.”
- The new Fire HD 6, a slightly smaller, six inch tablet that will retail for only $99 (with special offers).
- The new Fire HD 7, starting at $139 (with special offers).
- The Fire HD Kids Edition, 6″ or 7″ HD Display, with a blue kid-proof case, your choice of sizes, starting at $149.
- The new Fire HDX 8.9, lighter and with a faster processor, starting at $379 (with special offers).
Amazon is also rolling out a new Fire OS called Sangria with new, updated features which include individual emails and profiles for family members. Both the Fires and the E-ink Kindles will also be getting a new feature called Family Library which will allow family members to share books and videos on an account. This is a feature that I have personally wanted for a long time!
I’ll have more to come on the new devices and features! 🙂