Amazon has announced their third annual digital day sales event. The event will showcase thousands of deals from Amazon’s digital content inventory, including movies, TV shows, mobile games, apps, eBooks, and lots more.
Featured bargains this year include:
- Save up to 75% off Kindle best-selling books, including titles such asManhattan Beach, In the Midst of Winter, My Squirrel Days, Summer I Turned Pretty, Indianapolis, and Great At Work
- Save up to 80% off best-selling Marvel graphic novels like Jessica Jones: Blind Spot, Runaways Vol. 1: Pride and Joy, You Are Deadpool, and X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Save up to 60% off digital magazines such as Vanity Fair, People,Entertainment Weekly, Martha Stewart Living,Better Homes and Gardens, Bon Appétit, Wired, Shape, and Men’s Journal
- Get 25% extra gold bars on all Candy Crush Friends Saga December Deals
- Get 35% off the Clash of Clan’s in-game Digital Clash Pack with 6x value on Gold, Elixir, Book of Everything, and Builder Potions
- Save 25% on select Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Lapis Bundles
- Save on hundreds of movies like Incredibles 2, Christopher Robin, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Avengers: Infinity War on Prime Video
- Prime members save up to 65% off movies like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Red Sparrow, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Tomb Raider, and Book Club on Prime Video
- Save up to 66% off PBS Kids apps for Daniel Tiger, Dinosaur Train, Peg + Cat, and more
- Save 30% off language programs from Rosetta Stone and Babbel
- Save 50% or more off of software from H&R Block, Norton Security, and Quicken Personal Finance
- Save 20% on TurboTax 2018 and get a free $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Save 33% on the Audible Romance Package for the first 3 months
- Save $50 on Fire HD 10 tablet and receive 3 months free trial to Audible
- Audible members can buy one, get one free on a selection of hundreds of Audible books
- Get 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for $0.99. Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million books, popular magazines and thousands of books with Audible narration. Offer valid for new subscribers only
- Get 3 months free of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited for $2.99. Offer valid for new subscribers only
- Start a new paid subscription to AMC Premiere, CBS All Access, ESPN+, or Showtime and get $10Amazon credit
- Start a new paid subscription to ABCmouse and get $10 Amazon credit
You can sign up now to receive notifications when the deals begin. You can also follow the deals on social media with the hashtag #DigitalDay.
The fine print: According to the press release, “As a preview of the sale, some deals will be available starting as early as December 26, with the biggest savings launching at 12:00 am PST time on December 28.”
Over the last few years, Amazon has certainly proved to be the online retailer to beat. They have totally slayed Black Friday and Cyber Monday. They launched their own online shopping day, Prime Day and it has also proved to be a winner. There’s no doubt, Amazon has redefined online shopping holidays.
Now, Amazon is starting a new deal event called Digital Day. It premieres on December 30, 2016 at midnight PST and last for 24 hours. Deals include up to 80% off hundreds of video game titles, 50% off on top movies and TV shows, and 75% off on hundreds of digital comics. You can see pictures on the Digital Day page which hint at possible deals on Amazon Music Unlimited, software, digital magazines and perhaps some deals on video channel subscriptions. I would also not be surprised to see great bargains on ebook titles on Friday along with the other digital deals.
From the Amazon page:
Amazon Digital Day is the deal event for your devices. On Friday, December 30, enjoy up to 80% off hundreds of video game titles, 50% off on top movies and TV shows, 75% off on hundreds of digital comics, and other great deals on popular content for your devices. Whether you’re gifting or receiving gadgets this year, this 24-hour sale is one of the best times of the year to shop for must-have digital content.
You can sign up here to get notified about Digital Day and to get monthly updates on digital deals.
This one looks like fun! 🙂
For those of you who are looking to fill up those new Kindles and tablets, Amazon’s Bonus Deal of the Day has some great prices today on Kindle books: they are priced from $1.99 to $2.99. Titles include books by authors such as Jeffery Archer and Sandra Brown, with a few bestsellers in the mix such as Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin and Falling Angel by William Hjortsberg (the book that was the basis for the film Angel Heart).
I picked up the Sand Omnibus by Hugh Howey and also found the first books in The Walking Dead series by Robert Kirkman. BTW, these aren’t the comics, these are the new novels exploring the origins of characters in the series.
Today, Verizon Wireless is giving away free digital gifts for their Connection Day promotion. Many of these free gifts are geared towards holiday travelers.
Among the offerings:
- Free digital content from Amazon and books from Audible.
- A full day of iTunes radio with limited interruptions.
- Free airport wi-fi from Boingo.
- The latest editions of select Conde Nast magazines, including titles such as Wired, Vanity Fair, Vogue and many more.
- 30 free minutes of Gogo in-flight wi-fi.
- Free Fl-Fi for select Jet Blue flights.
- Stream ad-free Pandora One radio.
You don’t have to be a Verizon customer to take advantage of the free offers, but there is a bonus offer of exclusive access to movies and TV if you are an existing Verizon FiOS customer. There are terms and conditions which apply, so read the fine print. The offer is only valid until midnight!
You can get more info at the Verizon Connection Day page.
The Amazon Fire Phone has been reduced in price. It is now available for 99 cents with a two-year contract or for $449 for an outright purchase of the unlocked phone. The purchase includes a free one-year subscription to Amazon Prime. That’s a savings of $200 over the original price.
There have been a lot of rumors that the phone has not been selling well in the US, even among die-hard Amazon aficionados. The fact that this phone is only available for AT & T and the original sticker price of $649 for an unlocked version are the two most common reasons listed on the Amazon forums for passing on a purchase. I have also seen quite a few complaints about a lack of apps (and the Google Play store) for the phone.
Amazon has a couple of great Daily Deals today.
First, there are twenty of New York Times best-selling author Iris Johansen mysteries and thrillers on sale at Amazon for $2.99 each. This is a super deal if you are trying to fill in some backlist titles. 🙂
Also, for sale today, William Gibson’s Neuromancer, the now-classic book that started the cyberpunk genre for only $1.99.
Looking for Free Comic books?
How about free access to over 15,000 Golden Age Comics, including some interesting pre-code horror comics from the Digital Comic Museum?
Or if you want a great deal on something a little more recent, how about a trial subscription to Marvel Unlimited for only 99 cents for the first month?
Found via Open Culture – which happens to be one of the best resources for fascinating free public domain materials on the web. Hint: You should really subscribe to their feed. 🙂
Today, Amazon’s Deal of the Day is a Certified Refurbished Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ with 4G LTE coverage for $80 off. It comes in both 32GB and 64 GB versions. I believe these were unavailable new the last time I looked into buying one….
Several caveats here:
- Be aware that this is a refurbished product, although Amazon does give the same return policy and one year warranty that comes with a new Kindle Fire tablet.
- The network carrier for the 4G LTE coverage is ONLY available through AT & T. If you want to add a tablet to another carrier, this is not the right one for you. Check the coverage map for AT & T here.
- The $49.95 promotional data plan originally offered with these is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Current AT & T data plan rates apply.
If you are a fan of urban fantasy, you might be interested in Amazon’s Deal of the Day today. Amazon is offering the first seven of Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files series for just $1.99 each. This is a great price; the books normally run much higher. The books are also on sale today at Barnes and Noble for the NOOK and at the Kobo store.
This is a delightful series if you enjoy the genre. Harry Dresden is Chicago’s only professional Wizard. I first watched TV series, which led me to the books. Now, I always visualize Paul Blackthorne as Harry. Personally, I find them especially delightful as I live in Northwest Indiana and am quite familiar with Chicago and the surrounding area. One of the books actually had a scene set in the city where I live! 🙂