Amazon has announced the Fire HD 8 Reader’s Edition. This is an exclusive bundle, priced at $249.99 with free shipping. The bundle includes:
- The new Fire HD 8 tablet, normally retailing for $149.99.
- One year of Kindle Unlimited, normally retailing for $9.99 per month (a $120 value)
- An exclusive Reader’s Edition brown leather cover for the tablet. According to Amazon, the cover is designed to give the look and feel of a real book cover as well as protecting the tablet.
The bundle is available for pre-order and will begin shipping on December 9, 2015.
Note: There is no specified end date for this promotion. Generally, Amazon only makes these bundles available for a limited time.
Surprise! Today, Amazon released a new Kindle for Kids Bundle. The bundle includes a Kindle (without ads), a 2-Year Accident Protection plan , and a Kid-Friendly Cover in choice of five colors. Purchasing the bundle saves $39.98 compared to when purchasing separately. Amazon is also promoting a special Summer Reading for children program. It is in stock and available for purchase now.
The features of the bundle include:
- Distraction-free reading
- Features like Word Wise and Vocabulary Builder which support real-time vocabulary development
- Includes Kindle FreeTime
- Includes Parental Controls, including blocking access to browsing and purchasing in the Kindle Store, access to the Internet, access to Wikipedia, and disabling social sharing
Amazon already offers a Fire HD 6 Kids Edition tablet designed for children.
This new bundle caught me by surprise. Generally, Amazon announces products and makes them available for pre-order first.
E-book aficionados have long been asking for for e-books to be bundled with the sale of a paper copy. Barnes and Noble is fulfilling that wish–at least for the holiday season. With the new B & N Sync Up! promotion, customers can purchase a paperback at a B & N store then get the e-book for $4.99. There are over 70 books to choose from, including bestsellers such as Stephen King’s Doctor Sleep, Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, Sue Monk Kidd’s The Secret Life of Bees and the Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Eligible titles will be marked with a “B & N Sync Up!” bookmark.
The program offers a great value because the purchaser can either keep both copies or give one away as a gift. Details of how the program works are available here at Barnes and Noble.com.
This is a special offer for the holidays, but the web site does not list the begining and end dates for the promotion. It is live on B & N now.